The Huron City Council met on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, to conduct the following items of business:
– Newly appointed Councilmember John Jones took the Oath of Office.
– Council voted to appoint Councilmember Glen Ginesi as the Vice Mayor.
– Entertained a presentation from the Huron Joint Port Authority regarding a development proposal for the former ConAgra property. Council made a motion to request legislation at its next meeting to enter into a non-binding agreement for a joint due diligence effort.
– Authorized an agreement with the Ohio Dept. of Transportation to manage the annual bridge inspection program.
– Authorized a 3-year agreement with Huron Township to establish joint funding of the School Resource Officer program. The program is funded on a 3-way split with the City of Huron, Huron Township, and Huron City Schools. The agreement with Huron City Schools is anticipated to be completed a future meeting.
– Approval of previously budgeted cash transfers between Funds and appropriations of new budgetary resources.
In addition, firefighters Charlie Ruggles and Kevin Bower were commended for their heroic efforts earlier this year. Check out the Huron Fire Department Facebook page for more information!
Finally, the City Manager’s Management Report is also on the website – it can be accessed via the Government tab – City Manager’s Office (bottom of the page).
The audio from the Council meeting can be found on the City’s website as well as the agenda packet.